Friends of the Institute of Archaeology
The Friends of the Institute of Archaeology is a nonprofit organization which supports the activities of the Institute of Archaeology of Tel Aviv University and its library.
Prof. Israel Roll (1937-2010)
Teacher and researcher in the Department of Classical studies and Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University between the years 1977-2007.
More than 300 books from his private library were donated by his family and now constitute a major part of the library collection of Classical issues including classical archeology, classical studies and history of the Roman period in its various aspects.
Prof. Moshe Kochavi (1928-2008)
Collaborated with the late Professor Aharoni in establishing the Institute of Archaeology at Tel Aviv University. Directed the Institute twice. Conducted the first major archaeological survey of the Judean hill country in 1967-1968. Prof. Kochavi was an inspiring teacher and researcher in the Department of Archaeology.
Prof. Pirhiya Beck (1931-1998)
An ancient art researcher in the Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel Aviv University.
Founder of the Mesopotamian Studies and Ancient Near Eastern art Department head (1985-1989), a devoted teacher of her students. Bequeathed her private book collection to the Institute library.
Prof. Raphael Giveon (1916-1985)
Founder of the Egyptology studies in the Archaeology Department at Tel Aviv University. Teacher and researcher in the Department. Leader of survey expeditions to the Temple of Serabit el Khadem, Southern Sinai, 1968-1978. Bequeathed his private book collection to the Institute library.